For the first time ever, World Rowing and Concept2 have teamed up to offer two world-wide ergometer challenges: the World Rowing Indoor Sprints and the World Erg Challenge.
The World Rowing Indoor Sprints are a ‘virtual’ indoor rowing championships. Unlike a tradition race, the Sprints can take place anywhere in the world. You can take part on your own, or as part of an organized event. Are you in?
- Race 1,000 metres on the Concept2 Indoor Rower (Model A-E rowers only, no Dynamic or indoor rowers on Slides) at your club, gym, school or home from 11-13 March, 2016.
- Individuals should enter their time in their Concept2 Online Logbook by 9 a.m. GMT on 15 March 2016.
- Events should send their results by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you submit 20 or more individual results from an event held by your club or team you’ll be entered in a raffle for a new indoor rower for your facility. Results must be emailed by 9 a.m. GMT on Tuesday, 15 March 2016. Email email@example.com to receive information on submitting event results and for event updates.
- There will also be a separate raffle for events held in World Rowing development programme countries where there are 10 or more competitors. For more information (to see if your country qualifies) email firstname.lastname@example.org. Prizes will be distributed in cooperation with FISA and Concept2.
- Medals will be awarded to the top three male and female times in each category. For details on categories – click here.
The second, the World Erg Challenge, is an opportunity for clubs and teams around the world to log as many metres as possible in one month. Each team rows as many metres as they can collectively between 12:00 a.m. on 15 March 2016 and 11:59 p.m. on 15 April 2016. For more information, including how to register as a team and the available prizes and eligibility, please visit the Concept2 page here: http://log.concept2.com/challenges/wec.
The new World Rowing Indoor Sprints and the World Erg Challenge are part of a collaboration between World Rowing and Concept 2 that also includes Indoor Rowing at the 2017 World Games in Poland (more information). The World Games will be open to all indoor rowing enthusiasts. We encourage you to get involved and get moving with indoor rowing by participating in these great events and the qualification process for the World Games starting in September 2016.
The goal is to have as many people participate as possible. So, dust off that erg, and get ready. We’ll help you every step of the way, providing you with a 6-week training plan, videos on how to improve your erging technique, words from our elite rowing ambassadors and more. Stay tuned and good luck!
Press release originally published at http://www.worldrowing.com/news/world-rowing-and-concept2-take-world-wide-indoor-rowing-the-next-level